Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rocket Ship Cookies


How did everyone enjoy the royal wedding? I hope everyone had fun with tea parties, drinking games or however you choose to enjoy it (or maybe not). Personally I enjoyed it while leisurely decorating some shortbread cookies(recipe).


As soon as I received the cute rocket ship invitation I knew I had to make Birthday cookies. The party had a rocket ship theme, to match Rocco's name (and personality I hear).


I’ll admit I didn’t come up with the look of these cookies, the ideas were borrowed from an amazing cookie set by Sweet Sugar Belle, I tried to recreate her beautiful decorations to suit the rocket theme.

Happy first Birthday Rocco!


Little Rocco was a bit young to eat the cookies, but I think he was a big fan of the colours he tried his hardest to grab them through their cover.

8 comments:

  1. These are cute! You definitely did Sugarbelle justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job! Hope the birthday boy enjoyed his day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! Lots of lovely things on your blog - I look forward to reading about them all :) Found you on buttercup bakeshop's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I think you've inspired a cake idea! These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cookies, I love the colors and stiching detail. I am sure the little boy enjoyed seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fantastic! I love the little cloud circles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cookies were fabulous Kara! Charlie is still talking about them! x

    ReplyDelete